The Tule River Tribal Council favors proposals that have the following elements:
- The application can clearly articulate and demonstrate the results its activities achieve for those it serves
- The request builds on an agency’s institutional strengths and encourages innovative solutions to community/agency problems and/or needs.
- All relevant people are involved in the planning of the proposed project or activities.
- The Yokuts Foundation’s dollars are leveraged with other funding sources. It is unlikely that a request will be fully funded. Therefore, priority will be given to applicants who have a clear plan for securing additional support.
- A multi-agency/collaborative approach is utilized whenever possible.
- The Yokuts Foundation assumes that there is an organizational commitment to the project for which funds are being requested. With that in mind, a member of the governing board must sign the application.