The Yokuts Foundation welcomes proposals from agencies that meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. A copy of the final determination letter from the IRS must be submitted with the application. Note: Under limited circumstances, the Foundation may consider a proposal from an organization that does not have 501(c)(3) status, but that has found an organization with a 501(c)(3) willing to serve as a fiscal sponsor. A group submitting such a request must contact the Foundation to receive specific requirements and instructions.
- The proposed project must directly benefit the people of the Tule River Tribe and Tulare County.
- The applicant must demonstrate that it has all of the following: a) local leadership in the form of Board representation or an advisory board b) broad-based local support c) local program management and accountability.
- Applicants located outside of Tulare County must demonstrate knowledge and needs of local organizations providing similar services, as well as having explored opportunities for collaboration.
- The Yokuts Foundation supports organizations that do not discriminate in their employment practices, volunteer opportunities, or delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any funding request that would support any project of an organization whose own policies run counter to the Yokuts Foundation’s nondiscrimination policy may be denied even if the requesting organization meets all of the other criteria for funding.